No products in the cart.
Staying well hydrated is an essential part of keeping your body healthy and resilient against Migraine attacks. This is especially important during the summer when high temps lead to increased sweating and weather triggers like storms, heat, and humidity start to stack up.
This ginger and turmeric iced tea is a delicious way to make sure your body is getting the hydration it needs. Plus, it has the added benefits of anti-inflammatory properties, making it the perfect summer beverage for brain health.
It’s delicious, easy to make, and can be made ahead of time to keep you hydrated all week.
Ginger and Turmeric Iced Tea Recipe
- 1 cup + 3 cups of water (1 cup is for steeping and the other 3 for dilution)
- 4 tsp. dried organic turmeric
- 4 tsp. dried ginger (or if you have fresh ginger root – two inches)
- ¾ tsp. black pepper
- ¼ cup honey
- Quart jar for storing
- Measure the ginger, turmeric and black pepper and place them into small saucepan.
- Cover with the 1 cup water (for steeping) and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to simmer. Simmer for few minutes and then turn off heat.
- After you turn off the heat, you can add the honey.
- Cover the saucepan and let it steep for at least one hour, for a stronger concentration, you can let it steep overnight.
- Strain the mixture using cheesecloth to remove some of the fresh ginger or gritty powder This will make the texture smoother.
- You can store the concentration and make one drink at a time or add the 3 cups water and store in a quart sized jar in the refrigerator. You can add more water depending on the taste you are looking for. The same goes for sweetener.
Comments? Do you use spices like ginger or turmeric for your Migraine health?
Atttributing recipe: Best Herbal Health